Applecross Primary School P&C The Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is established under the Education Act 1999. The P&C is a great avenue to learn more about the school and become actively involved in making it a better place for students, teaching staff and the wider parent community.
The P&C’s main purpose is to actively fundraise, enabling the purchase of extra resources for our school. The fundraising efforts of the P&C is largely thanks to the active school community and an elected P&C Committee, comprising the positions of:
- Honorary Secretary
- Honorary Treasurer
- and not less than three (3) other general members
Current P&C Committee member profiles can be found HERE.
As an incorporated association, the P&C runs the Uniform Shop and the Canteen. The P&C Committee also oversees the many interests and associated groups within the school including School Banking and the Scholastic Book Club. Money is raised via various events during the year, including dress-up days, mother's/father's day stalls, the Lapathon etc. As well as raising money, these events allow for a bit of fun and build a sense of community. Each year the money raised from these events fund a wide range of projects. Some recent purchases have included;
- A major Library refurbishment, additional new books and shelving
- Smart TVs and classroom Smart boards
- Air-conditioning, lighting and security fencing
- IT upgrades and iPad purchases
- PA/Sound System
- Faction banners and shade marquees
- Interschool sports uniforms
- Teaching resources (numeracy, literacy, languages and the arts)
- Sports Carnival ribbons and trophies
- Two naturescape playgrounds
There are many opportunities for parents to become involved during the year. Calls for volunteers will come via email from your classroom representative. Parents can also keep up to date with what’s happening via the P&C Facebook page and the Skoolbag App. General P&C meetings are held twice a Term with everyone welcome to attend.